Wednesday 11 March 2015

Chapter 104 : Kabuki Brush Set by StarletSymphony Review

Why does it feel like decades ago since I've blogged ? When its only been a week or two . 

So lately I've realized that I've been struggling with make up application , because I've never had the right tools to apply my make up . 

Typical me , always blooming so late lol 

I used to use a sponge applicator for my foundation then a puff for my powder & I was thinking , shit this is really sucky . 

I mean , I love applying make up but seriously , the sponge & puff just didn't do me any good . 

I started to look into brushes . 

Sephora & other well known brands costs a bomb per brush but of course we pay for the great quality . 

Though me being the "total cheapskate" (kidding) , I ventured out on Instagram & Carousell for more affordable brushes since I've been spending so much on makeup already . 

Using the #sayajual hashtag on Instagram , I found that there are people who are selling makeup brushes at affordable prices . Of course , with the crazy affordable prices , I had my suspicions . 

Are they soft ?

Will they make my skin irritated ? 

IS IT GOOD ENOUGH ? 

I came across a few sellers that sold this super cute 10 piece kabuki brush set , but I went for the ones with the most legit reviews . I'm a very cautious buyer okay . 

I read that many of the buyers of this super cute kabuki brush set were happy & satisfied of the quality & etc .

I was convinced & got myself a set in white .





This really surprised me . 

The quality of the kabuki brushes are superb !  The bristles are amazingly soft , I couldn't help but run my fingers through them a lot hahahaha

This set of kabuki brushes comes in 5 faces brushes & 5 eye brushes .

I'm still trying to figure out the uses for some of them , I'm terrible at this still . I know . 



  1. Flat Top Kabuki - Liquid or powder foundation
  2. Round Kabuki - Liquid or powder foundation / Loose powder
  3. Angled Kabuki - Blush or bronzing
  4. Flat Angled Kabuki - Bronzing or blush
  5. Tapered Kabuki - Highlighting or Concealing
  6. Small Flat Top - Concealing imperfections 
  7. Small Round Top - Eyeshadow blending or base/primer
  8. Small Angled Top - Contouring of nose bridge
  9. Small Tapered Top - Concealing under eye/nose/mouth area

Each & every one of them has a different function but I usually only use 5 of it for my application . 


I use the Tapered Kabuki for foundation blending .


Round Kabuki for the loose powder


Angled Kabuki for bronzing or contouring on the hollows of my cheeks 


Flat Angled Kabuki for the blush 


Small Angled Top for contouring of my nose bridge 



Small Round Top for applying my eyeshadow base & blending 


Its really up to one's own preference when it comes to these brushes . You don't exactly have to follow what its for but its good to know what they're actually for ! 

I really find that applying my make up has become super easy & fuss free now that I have these amazing brushes . 

They pick up the right amount of product with ease , even when you're a heavy-handed sort of person like myself . 

I don't take too long in blending as they blend my make up very well , which makes my life way more easier now . 

Goodbye sponges & puffs ! 

My finished look with the help of my trusty kabuki brushes 




Didn't want to do a dramatic kind of look just because its really not me . 

Plus I usually do this look on an everyday basis . 

I can't think of anymore good things to say about these brushes that I haven't said earlier on in this post . 

Honestly , they're worth every single penny I paid for . Great quality at an affordable price , what more could you ask for really . I'm totally hooked on these brushes & I think I'll be reaching for these for a super long time . 

If you're a beginner or looking for a new set of brushes to try out without spending a bomb of money , take my word & try these babies out ! 



Where can you find these cuties ? 

@StarletSymphony on Instagram 

Price ? 

RM85 (STEAL) 




Can't find any deal better than this I assure you . Go check them out & tell them I sent you ;) 





Till then ,



V






No comments:

Post a Comment