Saturday 28 February 2015

Chapter 103 : February Favorites // Goodbye February !

February has passed by so fast , I can't even get over the fact that its already 2015 . 

In the past month I have made effort to try out new beauty products & read more books as I haven't read much other than my lecture notes . Keepin' the imagination in check ! 

So I'm going to be sharing with you my February favorites ! 

Firstly , lets start of with the hair . 

Ever since I had my hair colored dark purple twice which included bleaching it TWICE , which was painful enough , my hair started to become super dry . I hated how frizzy my hair was , looking totally shit . I tried doing hair treatments & hair masks but it didn't really work . 



I came across Sunsilk's Nourishing Soft & Smooth spray which has 5 natural oils to well , make my hair more softer & nourished ! At first I was worried about it making my hair oily because I hate having oily hair , its disgusting but it proved me wrong . It definitely helped my hair become less dry & made my life way more easier .

I've used it every day now & I don't have to use too much because just a little bit goes a very long way . Kudos Sunsilk , you've finally made a product I actually like :P

Next , skincare . Who else has a problem with blackheads ? I don't have a serious amount but enough blackheads on my skin . We usually have the tendency to squeeze them out which leaves marks & etc on our skin which is very harmful . It does get rid of the blackheads but still , no . 

I walked into Innisfree the other day & saw their range of Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing items . I saw something a little different which was the Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm . 


Its pretty simple to use . I just have to run my fingers through the balm & rub it on the areas that have blackheads for about 5 minutes . I could see that the blackheads were starting to come out by themselves without any sort of force , just massaging ! After that , I would cleanse the balm & the blackheads off by just washing my face with my cleanser .

No , not every single blackhead comes out right after the first use . I had to use it several times to get most of them removed . My fingers do ache from the massaging for 5 minutes but it was worth it ! 

Other than removing blackheads , I've been treating my skin really well lately with face masks & face scrubs . I've been using this baby since December but I thought why not , share the really good stuff even though I've shared it before this . 


I bet you lot have read of this before in my recent posts , if you haven't you can read all about it here . Its the Earth Care 2 in 1 Face Scrub & Mask . I'm down to my last one which is the Fifty Shades . I have to by more soon , my skin loves it ! 

Whats so great about it ? Its made from ORGANIC ingredients that really refreshes your skin leaving you with rejuvenated & clean skin . I really recommend this lovely thing because I've used it every week since December & I don't think I'll stop any time soon . 

Here's my favorite part : cosmetics ! I've honestly never really liked using concealers because I never had the reason to use it . But being a full-time student & also social-media junkie , I tend to stay up till the most ungodly hours & waking up at like 8am everyday resulted in me getting dark circles & eyebags . 

Oh the horror . I started looking for something to cover my Prada eyebags & dark circles because foundation just wasn't doing the job . I tried out the Maybelline concealer but its somewhat dark shade made my skin look pretty dull . 

So I went to Sephora to check out the concealers the various brands had . All were a bit too pricey for a small tube of concealer so I didn't get any . As I was walking through the aisles of the skincare brands , I stopped at Sop & Glory to check out the shower creams but something else caught my eye !




Soap & Glory's Trick & Treatment Concealer is formulated it treat your dark circles . The shade is quite fair , perfect for those who have fair skin tones & also has a shimmer to it . Many people disliked this particular product because of its shimmer , that would draw more attention to their wrinkles & dark circles . As for me , I don't have wrinkles & the shimmer actually makes my eyes just a little more brighter that makes me look more awake , especially when I've had a late night . 

I think this is way long overdue because I've been using this since probably mid last year ? Its the Victoria Secret Body Mist ; Pure Seduction . I am very sure that every girl loves this scent . There's just something about the sweet scent that no one can ever get tired of , speaking from a girl who gets tired of scents super quick HAHA


^ I swear by this scent . 

Other than scents & etc , I'm currently reading a book that is a sequel to the famous movie/novel called Devil Wears Prada ! How did I not know about this book till a little while ago , idk . But thank heavens I saw it in the bookstore the other day .


If you're looking for a good read & loved Devil Wear Prada , you'll love its sequel Revenge Wears Prada . When you think of it , the irony is quite interesting . I'm halfway through & I'm hooked ! Good job Lauren , bringing karma back ;)


I guess thats all for the month of February . I hope you find the stuff I've loved throughout February till now interesting enough to check some of them out ! Can't wait for myself to find more stuff to love unconditionally .

By the way , sorry shitty looking wall . My hostel walls are quite ugly cause it was never maintained well . UGH .





Till then ,


V

No comments:

Post a Comment