Wednesday 25 February 2015

Chapter 102 : Naked Flushed Palette by Urban Decay Review

To be totally honest , I've spent way too much on make up . Who doesn't ? 

If you're starting out just like me , getting to know all the varieties of make up & their uses , it really takes time to think about how useful & suitable it would be for yourself . 

I literally took forever deciding on what contour I wanted because the variety was bloody large . 

But recently I realized how my contemplation's always came back to Urban Decay's NAKED Flushed Palette . 

Why ? 

Well it's probably because this palette has three items on it which is the Bronzer , Highlighter & Blush . Which is really swell as you don't want to keep reaching out for each item that could be anywhere in your make up stash . Trust me when I say its a pain in the ass . So yeah , this palette really makes life so much more easier .

The Naked Flushed Palette was out in Summer of 2014 . I am such a late bloomer , I am truly ashamed . 

Better late than never , right ?





IF I am not mistaken , this is the Naked Flushed in Streak . 

Heck I was twisting & turning the palette & its packaging looking for its name . 

This palette is adorably compact & easy for me to slip into my bag . The best part aside from being compact is that it comes with a mirror which comes in pretty handy if I'm out & don't have any mirror around . Kudos Urban Decay , you've thought of everything . 

Again , IF I am not mistaken , the bronzer is the darkest one . There are four different ones that consists of different bronzer tones & blushes that come in different colors . 

I picked this one in particular because I guess having a more obvious & dark bronzer will really make a huge difference considering I have a chubby face . 

As you can see , the bronzer is the largest one , highlighter the smallest & the blusher is medium sized . Its a good thing . Why ? 

Because obviously you would use the bronzer the most & the highlighter the least . 

Putting too much highlighter would make your skin look oily instead of that natural glow . TRUST ME I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE . 




These are the swatches from the Naked Flushed Palette , Streak . 

I adore how the blush has a pretty light pink color which would give me a more healthier look & the highlighter has a pinkish tone to it . 

I couldn't wait to test this baby out . 

I didn't wait . 



Shameless selfie with the Naked Flushed Palette ! 


Using my Elf Large Stippling Brush to do the job for me . 

Usually people would use an angled contour brush for contouring but the stippling brush does the job just as good . 


Yeap , suck your cheeks in girls ! 

The bronzer is to be applied on the hollows of your cheeks , bridge of your nose & jawline to make your face more defined :)


Then its time for your blush ! In circular motions , apply the blush onto the apples on your cheeks then move onto the highlighter to highlight your cheek bones to give that illusion of higher cheek bones .

REMINDER : Not too much of that highlighter girls , in pictures your skin may look very oily instead D: 

Blend as much as you want but not till everything is mixed up ! 

Though there is never such thing as over blending now is there ? 




Done ! 

Honestly the first time contouring ever worked out for me . 

Not to toot my own horn but I think I did a pretty good job on my first serious try don't you think ? :P 

I can really see that my cheek bones that are hidden under all that chubbiness are showing quite well after contouring . 

The bronzer portion of this palette is definitely above satisfactory as even though it may look really dense on the palette , it does an excellent job in blending out , totally fuss-free . 

In combination with the blusher & highlighter , it really gives you a healthy glow . Especially when it summer all the time here in Malaysia . 

Overall , I think this palette has exceeded my expectations in every aspect , from the size of the palette to the textures . I definitely recommend this palette to those who have never tried contouring & highlighting & want to give it a go . 

It may be a little pricey as its priced at RM 109 , ok to me it was pretty pricey yet okay la . But it was worth every penny , I assure you . 

I will be reaching for this all the time now , better make sure I save up for when I run out D:

Naked Flushed is available at Sephora Malaysia stores ! 



PS : Sorry for the huge mess in the background . We're still in the midst of  the aftermath of moving hahahaha 



Till then , 



V




No comments:

Post a Comment