Tuesday 30 December 2014

Chapter 91 : Here's To 2014

Here's to 2014 for being the best & worst year . 

I've never been on such a huge roller coaster like this one before , really . I mean 2013 wasn't a walk in the park either but hey , life has its bad & good moments right ? 

The best parts of 2014 : 



I got to go to Bali , Indonesia for the very first time which I didn't get to blog about because I totally forgot . It wasn't an exceptionally fun vacation because there wasn't much to do for people like me . If you're much like my sister who loves water sports , this is the place to go . Other than that , meh . 




College wise , I got to plan the Orientation Week & Orientation Night for my University College with my close friends which was quite fun if you cut out the stress & tension parts out . The outcome from planning this huge & important event ? I managed to be friends with a lot of people I would never have thought to be friends with . Its amazing how close we've grown . Inseparable almost . 

Then I got to volunteer when Planetshakers came down to Kampar to hold their concert in my campus . It was truly a blessing . I got to meet & talk to the whole Planetshakers band which was SURREAL ! Life so complete ! 

Okay I purposely left this out in my blogpost about my about getaway to Penang . Why ? Dyou see that guy next to me in the photo ? He was my first ever bestfriend . We used to swim together all the time when I still lived in Sarawak when I was younger . That was 15 years ago . We lost contact for 15 years but thank God for Facebook right ? We managed to re-connect again & it so happened that we were in Penang at the same time ! Gah . He really hasn't changed one bit even though my memory from 15 years ago is pretty vague . I really was thrilled to see him after so darn long . 


Now as for the downsides of 2014 ? There aren't many actually , just one . 

I believe that many of us face difficulties in letting someone go or moving on . 

I've learnt that people come & go , its the cycle of life . 

I've always been the type of person who hangs on to a lot of things , especially people . I would still hang on even if the other person has already let go of me . I'm such a stubborn person . But I can't bear the thought of not having certain people in my life . 

I've learnt that its okay to let go . Because certain people aren't meant to stay in our lives forever . The best way is to accept & respect them for their choice & also , appreciate those who have stayed with us because they're the ones that matter . 

We shouldn't invest in temporary people . 

Now that 2014 is almost up , I'm a more happier person & I'm glad that I will be greeting 2015 with a huge ass smile . 

I can't wait for whats to come . Bring it on . 



Till then , 


V

No comments:

Post a Comment