Sunday 28 December 2014

Chapter 90 : En Route Penang // Short Getaway

If its not too late , I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , Happy Holidays & Happy New Year ! I'm sorry I've been away because I went back home & left my laptop behind due to my laziness of bringing it around . 

I hope everyone had a good Christmas , mine was pretty swell ! 

Since my mum & sister was on holiday , we decided to have a roadtrip to Penang . I'm sad to say that I have no memory whatsoever of going to Penang before , maybe I've just never been . Sedih kan ?

We left the house at like 8am but reached our hotel at 5pm omg I swear my butt was so numb when i got out of the car . 

The next day we went wall art hunting , mainly at Armenian Street , just because its a MUST when you're in Penang . Though its really hard to find , but if you see a long ass line of people standing in the middle of the road , thats probably it . 

We didn't manage to find ALL of it , only some . Boo-hoo . 




"what in the world is the cat looking at ?!"


"boy you need to slow down , your sister is going nuts"


"wa kah lu kong Hokkien" 

I'm really fascinated with the amount of talent Penang has , I mean the art is surreal . 

After walking around looking for art to take photos with , we went to Batu Feringghi for dinner . It's been a long time since I had been to the beach , I love the warm sand under my feet .




The next & last day , we went for a quick food hunt before leaving , suprisingly we managed to eat all this in only 2 hours .


If you don't already know what this is , its Otak-Otak . The Penang type is really different than the ones we have in KL . This one looks almost unappetizing but seriously , don't let its looks decieve you . It was delicious !


Penang's famous Char Kuey Teow ~


Idk why my mum & sister like this so much , it tastes weird . Yam Cake is also super famous in Penang but meh not my kind of food .

AND last but not least , 



PENANG ROAD'S FAMOUS CENDOL *screams*

This was the highlight of our food hunting . It was da bomb , hands down . There was a long line waiting to get their hands on the famous & super delicious Cendol but we managed to snag two bowls quite fast .

It was a short getaway , but I had fun regardless . 



Till then , 


V







No comments:

Post a Comment