Friday 9 January 2015

Chapter 93 : NYX Natural Palette

I never really saw the importance of make up before , until I was probably 15 or 16 years old . I used to watch my sister do her make up in the mirror & think , "ugh whats the point of make up" . 

But NOW , I just can't live without it . I remember when I first discovered eye liner , I was obsessed & excited every time I could put eye liner on . 


I've not been very keen on eye shadows because I have what we call 'Asian Eyes' . When you apply eye shadow , you can never see it unless its like a super obvious color like blue or red . But blue & red are just so... yuck. 


Me being the most stubborn person in the world , I made sure that it would work for my Asian Eyes & I . Count on it .

I've been searching for the perfect palette for a really long time , nothing too bold but just to suit the everyday look . I have a thing for super nude & basic colors so as I was browsing through Sephora's NYX counter , I found the perfect palette ; NYX Natural Palette . 






From left to right : 

  • This shade is a very soft & sheer ivory 
  • Second shade is a sheer & shimmery champagne gold 
  • Third shade is a dim & matte peach
  • Fourth shade is a slightly shimmery neutral beige 
  • Next is a warm , satin-finish taupe
  • & lastly , a dark matte espresso 



I love how the packaging of the palette is compact which makes it easy for me to carry it around . Inside there are six neutral shades that are perfect for creating that all natural look & as well as a double-sided sponge tip applicator . I'd prefer to use my own brush actually but thanks anyway NYX ! Other than that , I wish they had a mirror . I find it kind of hard to look up & down switching between looking at the mirror and the palette .

I've so far only used the four shades ; ivory , champagne , taupe & espresso because I'm kinda having a hard time to make certain colors on the palette pop because I have a quite fair skin tone so I've been using the espresso in the crease then taupe on the lower part of the eyelid . But I do recommend this either way because this is pretty much the only palette that can achieve that no make-up & "I'm not trying today" sort of look . 

The pricing is inexpensive really . This NYX Natural Palette only costed me RM34 ! This is cheaper compared to the other brands we have here in Malaysia .

So if you're a beginner on eyeshadows like me , I do suggest you play around with this palette first before you go on with the more bolder colors . Remember , we do not want to look like a wreck with purple eyelids as if we have just got beaten up ! Start out small ! 



Till then , 


V






No comments:

Post a Comment