Tuesday 17 November 2015

Mid-Week Mini Review : Loreal Paris Mat Magique BB Essence


Hello all ! This is rather unusual of e to be blogging mid-week but heck I think this review is long overdue . 

I'll be reviewing the Loreal Paris Mat Magique BB Essence today .


I don't usually go for anything that has to do with BB or CC Creams because they tends to make my already oily skin even more oily which I just can't deal with . 

But since I was in search of a new foundation or wtv to help me with my oily skin , I thought I would give this a try .


What it says it does 

A poreless mattifying perfection that contains natural volcanic perlite that gently absorbs sebum for a 12 hours shine-free , 100% poreless mattifying finish .
It has a lightweight watery sensation . A unique watery BB essence texture that refreshes skin with a just-out-of-shower freshness , weightless sensation .

What do I like about it ?
  1. The coverage - The products coverage is medium but can definitely be built to a full coverage consistency .
  2. Staying power - I'd say this one can stay on my face for a good 8-10 hours depending on what kind of place I'm in . But even though I get all sweaty , it still stays on my face really well . 
  3. Reduces oil - This is the most important thing to me . The BB essence doesn't make my face as oily as other BB creams or foundations do . Tbh , its impossible to stay matte all day in our humid weather so I'll take it .
  4. A little goes a long way - I like how I don't need to use a lot of the product to cover my whole face . As it is liquid , it spreads around easily . 
  5. Base & Finish - I love how it is water based & finishes as a somewhat powdery form that helps with mattifying my face . 
  6. Price - This one only costs RM39.90 which is a fair price for a good drugstore product & I don't think I'll be able to finish the whole bottle by the time 2016 comes so more cash to splurge on other things !
  7. Packaging - I think a lot of people would say its fragile because of the glass bottle but honestly I've dropped this baby a good few times & its good as new ! 
  8. SPF 50 | PA +++ - There aren't many foundations or BB creams that have SPF in them but although I do already use sunblock anyway , its great to have extra protection from the sun ! 

What I don't like about it ?
  1. The applicator - The applicator is a wand type which is highly troublesome because I have to be super careful when dotting it on my face . I had it drip on my white shirt before , I was not happy about it . I'd prefer a pump .

Overall ? 

Overall I'd say the product alone is worth every penny spent & I have already justified my love for this foundation above seeing as I only have one thing I don't like about it . Definitely my go-to for right now ! 






Till then , 

V



No comments:

Post a Comment