Wednesday 25 November 2015

REVIEW & SWATCHES : Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Avenue , Trap , Tulle & Bumble

Hi everyone ! 

I guess its no surprise that I have hopped on the Colourpop hype . 

Basically if you have not heard about Colourpop , they are an American brand which is pretty new to many people . They have various make up products that are eyeshadows , lipsticks , blushes , highlighters , bronzers & just recently , eyeliners . 

I was particularly interested in their Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks . I managed to pick up four but all at different times because I literally hunted them down on Carousell , just enough for me to write a decent review on them . 

I managed to snag four shades which are Trap , Avenue , Bumble & Tulle . 
The color scheme I'm into at the moment is obvious .


Packaging 



The lipsticks are boxed in sturdy white boxes with the name Ultra Matte Lip printed in holographic . 
The lipstick packaging itself felt rather substantial & high-end which I definitely liked .

Now onto the actual lipsticks : 

#1 Bumble




Colourpop described this as a "dusty warm terracotta" . I love how wearable this color is , perfect for everyday wear ! 


#2 Trap





Colourpop described this as "dusty greyed beige" . I'm not too sure why , but unlike the other shades , this one tends to get flaky when I rub my lips together or wipe my lips with a tissue . But I definitely adore this shade , who cares if I look like a corpse ?


#3 Avenue





Colourpop described this as "deep yellow red" . I'm not too sure why "yellow" but I definitely love this colour out of the four , knowing my love for good vampy red shades . 


#4 Tulle




Colourpop described this as "dusty mauve burgundy" . This is almost the same shade as Avenue but not as dark & deep , somewhat in the middle . 



Application & Removal

I found that the Ultra Matte Lip's can be very drying even if I don't have dry lips . With that being said , prepping my lips are a MUST . I would do that with applying a moisturizing lipbalm before applying these on my lips . 

Since they are meant to stay on your lips for long hours , they are very hard to remove . Trust me when I say VERY HARD . A normal cleansing wipe will not do . I would use my cleansing oil to remove them yet I'm still left with traces of the lipstick so you know that they stay on real good . With cleansing wipes , I had to harshly scrub my lips which just isn't recommended . 


Overview

These liquid lipsticks by far are the most drying I have ever used but of course , that is why they stay on for so long right ? I would say based on my experience they stay on for a good 6-8 hours with little touch up's in the middle .

 If you aren't the type that can stand having dry lips , I would recommend using a lip primer or lip balm before or applying a clear lip gloss after . 

There isn't much play time when applying because they dry up after about 15-20 seconds so one has to be quick with applying ! Layering doesn't play too well with these I'm afraid because there will be areas that wouldn't be even . 

Pigmentation wise I would say they are amazing . There is no need to apply thousands of layers to get that pigmentation , which I personally appreciate of course . 

Overall , I do adore these liquid lipsticks & I'll continue collecting more of their shades ! If you're into long-lasting & 100% matte liquid lipsticks , I'd say get them ! They are considered affordable liquid lipsticks in the US as they are priced at $5 each but here in Malaysia it would range from RM35-45 depending on the person selling them *ahem at our currency dropping* but even then they are still affordable & worth every ringgit ! 


Have you tried out the Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks ? Comment below ! 



Till then ,

V

No comments:

Post a Comment