Wednesday 6 May 2015

Chapter 110 : Family Getaway to Bangkok , Thailand

Hello my little cupcakes ! 

If you didn't know already , I went on a short vacation with my family to my favorite place on Earth , Bangkok , Thailand . 



Why is it my favorite ? 

Well duhh , its the best place on Earth to shop for the latest fashion for the cheapest prices . 

Though sadly , I didn't find much that I liked , or maybe I thought I was too fat to fit into anything cool .

Our flight was late in the afternoon so we didn't do much . 

But the next day we went to the best market ever , Chatuchak Market . 

Its a huge ass place where you can find almost ANYTHING .

From food to fashion to antiques , you can find it there . 

Its basically a really big space of thousands of little shops , packed into one place . 

Its honestly too big to cover in one day , so we went twice . HAHA .




There you can also find the best Coconut Ice Cream . 

I swear its the bomb ! 




I got mine plain , just because my gums were swollen & I couldn't bite anything hard . FML 

Next up , the third day we headed to Platinum Fashion Mall . 




It is a mall where all the shops are also packed really closely & they're really small . 

It is definitely hard to look for stuff because they are really messy & overwhelming but having a sharp eye for the good stuff , it wasn't much of a problem . 

But I got super tired after 2 hours because everything was EVERYWHERE . 




Over here at Platinum Mall , trend spotting was easy . 

It was all about two-pieces & prints . 

I saw tons of two piece jumpsuits & crazy prints like fruit prints . 

& also , a lot of Korean Fashion , usual . 

We took 3 days to cover everything & I got most of my stuff here . 


One of the evenings we went to a place that is known to be the Train Market or Talat Rot Fai . Its quite a distance from where we were staying at . Its a super large place yet I think Chatuchak is bigger . Other than the market , they had many vintage buildings which were gorgeous & there were tons of vintage cars & motorcycles . The place was fit for the hipster kids .



LOOK AT ALL THOSE SNEAKERS !


The most coolest thing we found was the barber shop that could shave or buzzcut guys hair into cartoons . We managed to see a barber shaping a young boy's hair into a picture of Doraemon . CUTE ! 


The best thing about shopping in Bangkok is that I could find stuff that was of good quality yet at super low prices . 

I am definitely happy I went on a super shopping detox for the past few months so I could splurge on the good stuff that wasn't overpriced . 

Though I was disappointed that I didn't find ALL the things I had been eyeing on , but heck it was a good shopping trip . 

Other than the shopping , what I love about Thailand is the people & the food . The people there are so welcoming & lovely , they don't make you feel like you're a stranger . Though of course there are some who just want to suck your money just because you're a foreigner . But meh , I love the people anyway . The food , is amazeballs . Especially their coconut ice cream & Thai Tea .





Before I wrap things up , here are some of my outfits that I had on during the trip 





There you go ! 

I can't wait for the next shopping trip , its a family tradition ;)




Till then ,


V

No comments:

Post a Comment