Wednesday 6 January 2016

Nivea Men Originals Replenishing Post Shave Balm As A PRIMER Review

I know what you're all thinking reading the title of this post, because I thought the same exact thing. 

"WHAT"

"THAT'S SO WEIRD"

"WHY"

Yes, it is V E R Y unusual to say that a men's post shave balm can be used as a primer. Heck, who would have thought right? But after watching Kathleen Lights & Nikkie Tutorial's videos, I thought to myself, why not give it a spin? Who knows, I might just like it as much.

So here we are with my own review on this one. 

I snagged up the Originals version because it was the only one available & this version is suitable for oily skin. I have very very oily skin. FML.



The post shave balm comes in a glass bottle.


The fact that this product has Glycerin in it is what makes it possible to become a primer. 
Basically, Glycerin allows whatever to be put on top of it to stick throughout the day & it is also an ingredient in every other primer. 


The product itself is very watery so tbh, I didn't need a lot for my whole face. A little goes a long way! 


^my face after a whole day of walking in the sun & sweating so much, my bronzer is still there which is how I know the post shave balm works because my bronzer usually vanishes after awhile with other primers.


Overview

I definitely agree that this post shave balm is worth the hype. My make up stays on for a very long time even though I tend to sweat a lot due to our Malaysian "all-summer-long" weather. Heck, my make up stays way better than any of my other primers. My face does get oily anyway using this product, but not too oily which is quite surprising because other primers make my face so darn oily & uncomfortable. I'm super impressed because I didn't think it would work. 

I think there isn't anything I don't like about the product itself but I do wish it came in a pump bottle form because it is so watery. Almost spilled it on my floor today lol clumsy me. The scent however I do like, because I have a thing for man scents. It may be a little strong but it does go away after a few minutes so its not something I would worry about. 

The price for this is RM22.50 but I think it was on sale? The original price is probably RM25 idk. Whatever it is, it's still below RM25 & for the amount of product you get which is really a lot btw, no complaints here! I bought mine from Watsons, Guardian would probably have them too.

Overall? FIVE-FREAKING-STARS!


Hope you enjoyed this little midweek review! 
I will be away for about 2 weeks due to my final exams which start tomorrow & I am definitely stressed out af. 

Toodles ! 




Till then, 

V

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premier is for what actually ?..is it the same function as foundation? Hmm newbie here.. Help me 😸

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actly. The primer is for base makeup. It can make ur makeup still long ✌

    ReplyDelete