Saturday 25 April 2015

Chapter 109 : Salvation Velvet Lacquer by Makeup Revolution Review

Oh hey lovelies ! Guess who's back with another review up her sleeve ? 

ME . 

Question : Has any of you girls had the struggle of having to re-apply your lipstick every time you're done eating or even after having a sip of water ? Or do you have a problem making your lipstick last longer ? 

I have exactly these problems & it irritates me till I sort of gave up on re-applying it . 

Thank goodness for Makeup Revolution's Salvation Velvet Lacquer's ! 

I snagged these babies with high hopes that they would stay in place all day errday . 

I did my research before purchasing them & they got excellent reviews especially for their matte finish . 

I was definitely excited to try them out as I love my matte lipsticks !

I purchased them in two colors : Keep Crying For You & Keep Flying For You

(Odd ass names right but who really cares , they're amazeballs)

The first one is Keep Crying For You which is a shocking pink that you can see from a mile away . Which is pretty swell as I've been quite keen on various shades of pink . 





I didn't apply it full on as its super striking & I'm just not ready for that just yet . 



The second one is Keep Flying For You . 

This shade is a peachy neon orange or coral which I am totally obsessed with . I used to think that coral shades would never suit me but heck , it sort of does . 

Let's talk about its formula .

The Salvation Velvet Lacquers are crazy pigmented & dries to a matte finish . & with that being said , the best way to wear these babies is to apply the least amount possible because you don't want to make your lips look too heavy or you just used a whole tube of lipstick on your lips . I make sure that I spread the product evenly on my lips or it'll have a messy finish which is definitely obvious . The drying time is about 20 seconds which doesn't give you much time to clean it up so make sure you do it fast ! 

The best part about these lipsticks is that they are 100% opaque so that you can definitely get away with using a really small amount to create that stunning lip that you've always wanted . 

I have to say that the staying power of these lipsticks are beyond compare as I have tried other products to have said to be able to stay on for a good 7-8 hours but to no avail they never pulled through until I got these two . I brought these two out for a test run & yes they do stay on for a good 7-8 hours only IF you keep the eating & drinking to a minimum unless of course you have a thick layer on you . 



Another thing about the Salvation Velvet Lacquers is that they can be quite dry after awhile so if you're not the type who fancies your lips to be dry or have originally dry lips , I wouldn't say this is for you . But hey , no pain no gain right ? 

I've been reaching for these quite often & I can't wait to get the other colors that Makeup Revolution offers . They're super cheap as they're priced at only RM24 which is CRAZY CHEAP if you're on a budget . 




How many stars ? 

4/5 

Major love for this one ! 


If you'd like to purchase , Makeup Revolution has their very own Malaysia website ! SCORE . 

Check them out & their other amazing products here .




Till then , 



No comments:

Post a Comment