Saturday 18 July 2015

Chapter 111 : Franco @ Paradigm Mall with 4/5

Oh my blog is still here ? Hello ! 

No , its not dead . I've just been busy is all , plus my iPhone6 broke down on me which made it impossible to take photos for this space . My iPhone4 is definitely unable to take decent photos .

BUT my iPhone6 is finally back in my hand after 3 weeks & I'm back on the social media scene . 

Did you miss me ? 

In the events of my getting back onto the grid after a long absence , I called up my closest friends for a lunch date at Franco's which is located at Paradigm Mall to catch up over some good food . 


Franco is a French-Japanese Fine Casual Dining Restaurant that offers many delights from savory to desserts that will get your mouth watering ! I'd say if you like fine dining without the pocket-burning prices , Franco is definitely a place you should check out . 





Being the pasta-lover I truly am , I went for the Carbonara . I know its pretty basic but hey , it was pretty good with the lovely tender slices of meat & creamy carbonara sauce mixed with cheese & spices . Though I do wish they added a little bit more salt or something to elevate the dish . All in all it was quite a tasty bowl of pasta ! 




As for James , he went for the Squid Ink Pasta . CAUTION !  When you're eating this particular dish , be careful as the squid ink is LEGIT & it might just stain your lips & teeth so just make sure to clean everything off before you leave ! James was pretty fascinated with the whole squid ink concept & really enjoyed eating & also staining his lips to achieve the infamous "Dark Lip" . The flavors of his pasta was pretty on point ! 


Thilaka went for the Vegetarian Pasta which of course consisted of various kinds of vegetables like zucchini , eggplant , cherry tomatoes & etc . Same like mine , hers needed a pinch of salt to be a little more flavorful . 


Lastly , Nadhine ordered the Mac & Cheese . Okay , hands down I loved this small dish of heaven & I'm pretty sure the others loved it too . Why ? Cause we're cheese lovers . It wasn't a boring & usual serving of Mac & Cheese but instead it was jammed packed with Franco's four special cheeses that was superbly delicious . God , I'm hungry again . The serving may look small but Nadhine could hardly finish it ! 




We didn't miss out on trying out Franco's desserts that got us drooling ! 

We ordered two types of desserts . 

The first one was the Franco's French Toast .

To me this one was terribly delicious if that counts as a compliment . The french toast itself was soft & fluffy . The generous scoop of cream & syrup made it extra heavenly . 

A MUST TRY ! 


The second dessert was the Chocolate Souffle . 

I'm having debates in my head right now about this one . The pastry was fluffy & perfect yet there was hardly any flavor or sweetness to it sadly . Which was quite a let down honestly . Thigz said she wished they went a little lighter on the chocolate because we could literally taste the raw cocoa . Nadhine wished the chocolate to be more creamier than sticky . 

I wouldn't say its BAD , but you know , hit & miss I guess . 

Nothing really wow-ed me when it came to this dish .


So thats a wrap for our amazing lunch that we had . Overall it was amazeballs & I'd definitely go back there again sometime soon ! 

I'm glad we took some time out for one another to catch up , I've really had a good time today . 

  
Here's 4/5 ! Ganesh is missing but hopefully he'll be free the next time around ~ 

As for my OOTD , here it is :



Yes , those ARE French Bulldogs printed all over my shirt dress . Aren't they adorbs ?! :D




Till next time ,


V

No comments:

Post a Comment