Thursday 4 September 2014

Chapter 83 : It's a wrap !

There's just something about this semester that's really special . No , I'm not saying that the other semester's have been a bore or merely okay but there's just something about this semester . 

Maybe its the fact that I've taken part in 3 major events . Maybe its the part where I've spent this semester with the greatest of friends that I've gained throughout this whole semester . Trust me , its been hectic . But worth it . 

Event 1 : Orientation Week 

Okay this one was really the biggest thing I've ever done . If you don't know what Orientation Week is , its basically a week where we welcome the freshmen to college , introduce them to our college by giving them tours of the campus , briefing them about societies that they can join & etc . Other than that , its just to make them feel less anxious about living out here on their own & make their adapting process a little more easier . 

It was stressful . The whole planning process I mean . We had less than a month to come up with plans , proposals & also recruit Group Facilitators & Orientation Assistants . Yes , I was part of the Orientation Committee as their Vice President . Thank goodness I had my good friends from my previous orientation group which were Hao Jie & Ah Kit & also my bestfriend , Xiabao , to work with me on this event alongside other amazing people that were part of the whole planning process . 

We had little time & very little rest but we pulled through , other than small fails but it was great . I guess what I've gained from it all is that I managed to become great friends with people that I thought I'd never be friends with . It was tons of fun . 






^ I cried whilst giving my appreciation speech infront of EVERYONE .__.




Event 2 : Orientation Night 

Orientation Night was less stressful I guess ? Orientation Night is sort of a showcase/talent competition that's practically a tradition here in TAR UC where we crown the Mr. & Ms. TAR UC . Contestants are judged mainly on their attitude & talent . The process goes on for a month till the finals which we are left with only 10 people . 

The Orientation Committee were placed as judges of course . There was drama , fights & loads of goofing off . The planning process was stressful as well . Nothing much really . 

Oh & I did train the contestants who had talent in singing which was tons of fun of course ^^ 

Pulling everything together was terribly hard but we made it through . 



^ excuse the cat :P


Event 3 : Planetshakers 

I guess I was most excited for this one . I attended Planetshakers earlier this year & I had the time of my life . They take praise & worship to a whole new level . I helped out bits & pieces here & there during the early stages . I did have fun promoting the event in college while everyone passing by looked at me oddly or just trying to avoid eye contact so I wouldn't approach them ha-ha . But thankfully there were people like Joon Yang , Keith , Darren & Joon Yang's friend who's all the way from the UK that came down to Malaysia for summer that were there with me promoting . Oh his name is Sean btw . 

The days passed by really quickly & by the time I knew it it was the day we had all been waiting for ! When it was event day , Yon Xin & I went down to UTAR for the last push which was to promote Planetshakers by giving out tons of flyers to the students there . Did I mention that UTAR is HUGE ? Like literally bigger than 1Utama . It was quite a workout . 

Hours passed by & we headed down to TAR UC's main hall to help out set up & clean up . Yon Xin & I volunteered as ushers & got the chance to be on the Green Room Team where we served the Planetshakers team . YES , we got super up close but not personal . Inspirational , those lot are . 

During the concert I had the time of my life , just connecting with Him . It was an awesome night ! 








Overall , I had an amazing yet exhausting semester . I don't regret it though . Because if I had never done these things , I wouldn't have met so many great people , gained experience & also , a story to tell . This definitely makes it into my best memories list . I'm truly blessed & I just can't wait for whats to come :) 




Till then ,


V



No comments:

Post a Comment