Wednesday 27 August 2014

Chapter 80 : Stomach flu + Final exams = 100% discomfort

I don't think I've ever had such a horrible experience of being sick . I was down with the stomach flu in the midst of my final exams & it was so not fun . 

At first I thought I was having really bad diarrhea cause I went to the toilet like a zillion times a day due to eating something bad . But when I saw what was coming out of me (don't you dare judge me okay , I needed to know what was wrong) , I freaked out even more . It was WATER . Yes , diarrhea is usually watery poop but this was totally like clear water . It was as if I was practically peeing out of my butt ! 

NOT COOL 

So I started panicking and in all that panicking & started to feel nauseated . My body ached as if I did cardio for a year (which obviously I haven't) . I actually puked my guts out . I forgot how gross it was to puke . 

My mum called right after my puke-fest & started lecturing me on how I should drink more water . But it felt as if my body was rejecting the water I was drinking . Everything was so gross at the moment , I couldn't even bring myself to eat . 

Usually the stomach flu is the infection of the stomach or intestines (which sounds like something really scary)

They aren't permanent , it only takes several days to be healed . The treatment ? Keep reading 


a) Drink lots of fluids

Stomach flu is normally caused by dehydration . When we say FLUIDS , we don't mean just plain ol' water this time . Because it may not be enough . When one has a stomach flu , we lose a lot of electrolytes which are in other words , salt & minerals . Where can you find the drinks that can replace electrolytes ? Energy drinks like Gatorade & 100 Plus . 

b) Rest
This is much needed if you need your body to be strong enough to fight the virus . Yay ! More sleep ! :D

c) Eat
This is the hardest thing to do but its a must ! Keep it simple : stick to bland foods , nothing exotic okay ! Foods like rice , biscuits , fruits are the best & they're really good for you . Stay clear of spicy food , caffeine , dairy products & etc because they might just make your diarrhea much worse .



I guess as a student that fights with abnormal sleeping patterns , dehydration & exhaustion it is easy for me to get sick . That's something I really have to work on . This whole stomach flu thing really scared me to death cause I thought I had like , stomach cancer . That was a close one . 

Thank you for reading this post , I probably grossed most of you out with my "peeing through my butt"story . But hey , who knows this would help you ? :P 

Stay healthy guys ! 



& by the way , I'm so totally going to start nagging my mum for a new cat hehe bye ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment