Saturday 8 August 2015

Chapter 113 : Maybelline's The Nudes Palette Review

I think most of us have heard that Maybelline had launched their new eye shadow palettes every where around the world recently but as for us Malaysians , these things come to stores very slowly . Maybelline launched The Nudes with the "Dare To Go Nude" Fall Collection back in 2014 . Now you see what I mean by S L O W . Hmph .

But I was casually browsing around Watson's here in Kampar & I spotted a promotion for something called The Nudes by Maybelline & my heart stopped . I searched the whole store & saw it glimmering on the shelves just waiting to be bought . 

Of course , I'm not too keen on drugstore make up anymore as I have had my fair shares of bad experiences with them but I do give Maybelline the benefit of the doubt as I use their Dream Matte Mousse Foundation till today . 

I've seen various beauty bloggers saying yay & nay to this product but I decided I'd like to take it to my own hands to see if I like it or not . 

I bought it at RM43* instead of RM63* due to a Watson's promotion which is fairly alright to say the least . 

(* means an estimation just FYI)

So here it is : 






Let's talk packaging

The Nudes is a 12 pan eye shadow palette . The palette is made solely out of plastic with a half-transparent lid that allows you to see the contents inside without having to open the cover . I honestly wished there was a mirror because when I was trying this out , I had to reach for my other palettes for the mirror for a closer look at my blending efforts . The size however of this palette is pretty compact & very travel friendly .

On the back on the other hand is that they have set us up with a guide on how to use the palette if you are a beginner or have absolutely no clue on what goes with what . Maybelline has arranged these eye shadows in a manner that you are able to separate them into duos , trios or even quads ! Which is quite genius of them really .





Color & finish

All 12 shadows are neutral shades of brown & beige . In addition there is a gold & dark black included to create different types of looks .The finish of the shadows varies across the colors which includes mattes , satin & shimmer finishes . 

Starting from the top left : 

Shade 1 is a neutral pink shimmer shade 
Shade 2 is a satin finish taupe shade 
Shade 3 is a matte cream shade
Shade 4 is a satin finish bronzed brown
Shade 5 is a matte grey taupe 
Shade 6 is a matte grey 

Starting from the bottom left : 

Shade 7 is a satin finish medium brown
Shade 8 is a matte dark brown
Shade 9 is a shimmery gold 
Shade 10 is a satin brown burgundy 
Shade 11 is a shimmery cream shade 
Shade 12 is a matte dark black 


Textures :

There are different textures to the different shades on this palette . Most of them are creamy & soft except for the shimmery shades , they are quite chalky which makes it hard to work with .

The blending is alright I guess , there are some shades that isn't as easy to blend but it isn't exactly impossible . It would take some time to get the exact type of blend you'd want out of it . 


Pigmentation & Longevity : 

The pigmentation's are better on the darker shades than the lighter ones . So you'd have to pack on a lot of color onto your brush several times , which I am definitely not a big fan of . Again , it is not impossible to get that pigmentation out but it would take some time to get there . 

When using this palette , using a eye shadow primer is a MUST to get a better outcome on the colors . 


Would I recommend this ? 

Overall its much of a hit & miss kind of thing for The Nudes . I would say that overall it is a good palette for everyday use or a good night for a smoky eye look but not incredibly excellent . I would recommend this to those who are new to the whole eye shadow scene & are in search of a good & affordable nude palette for everyday use without having to spend a bomb on something they may or may not be suitable for . 

& as for those who are more experienced , you could buy it or you could not buy it . It really isn't a must have to be honest but unless you're a collector or hoarder of eye shadow palettes , why not try it out for daily use . 


My smoky eye look with The Nudes : 









Till then , 


V






No comments:

Post a Comment